Hotel Basilica is located in an historic palace in the heart of the Old Town of Palma de Mallorca. The building which, is still family owned, was built in the 17th century and since then passed on from generation to generation. An archeological study reveals that the plot of land on which the original building was built was a vegetable and fruit garden from the “Franciscanos” from the neighboring church The Basilica de San Francisco, from which Hotel Basilica has its name. An original gothic arch dating from the 14th century, which still unrestored, is visible in the breakfast room and maintained as an original Gothic construction from the franciscanos garden throughout last centuries, when in 1700 the actual building was built “around” it. It was in the year 2015 when first plans to a hotel conversion of the original building where discussed.
During planning and construction special attention was given to maintain the original character of the building such as original arches, wooden beams, handmade traditional floors and tiling by local craftsmenbut also meeting highest standards in acoustic insulation and low emission climatizing. In June 2019, after 4 years of planing, construction and designing tailor made furniture, the historical palacio opened its doors as Hotel Basilica. The result a Hotel with a homely family feel, tranquil hideaway in Palma with cozy rooms and a superb rooftop overlooking the Old Town of Palma, the bay, as well as all main churches and the Cathedral of Palma.
Hotel Basilica is a 4* hotel with 38 rooms located in a 18th century building in the historic Old Town of Palma de Mallorca, in Carrer Can Troncoso 3.
We offer 3 types of rooms:
- The Colonial double room, with a large double bed / two single beds
- The Terraced double room, which has a private terrace.
- The Duplex Suite, a room on two floors, suitable for 2 grown ups +1 child under 12 years of age (extra bed/sofa bed).
All rooms are exterior with natural light and matter which room you choose, it will always be a quiet room with an exterior window.
None of our rooms are interior rooms or facing ventilation/light shafts. Being in the Historic Old Town, we are actually really proud of that.
Hotel Basilica, which has its name from the adjacent church, La Basilica de San Francisco, is located in a traffic restricted area, and is therefore a very quiet location.
Services Hotel Basilica
- Super friendly 24 hour reception.
- Elegant windowed exterior rooms, with handcrafted materials made in Mallorca.
- Sound proof insulation in floors and walls.
- Air conditioning and heating.
- Noiseless mini bar/fridges in the rooms.
- Smart tv with usb/hdmi ports located at the desk.
- Axor Raindance showers.
- Molton Brown amenities, expertly created fragrance collections proudly hold a Royal Warrant for the supply of toiletries by appointment to Her Majesty the Queen.
- High speed internet.
- Roof deck pool with views over the Old Town of Palma, the bay of Palma, the Cathedral, mountains and churches.
- All rooms non smoking rooms.